About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Altered Book - Lesson 14 - ZIPS

Don't fret I haven't missed Lesson 13 of the Altered book Course, it has just been swapped round with lesson 14!  Couldn't wait to put a zip in my book, what fun! Thought a Christmas Stocking revealing the real reason for the season beneath would be just the ticket so I got to work.


I used 5 pages as instructed despite my dwindling number of pages overall, but I thought it was worth it. The patterned card I used I fear was a tad too thick as the opening is rather stiff and the layers keep coming apart (Pritt isn't strong enough I found so have been filling in with my Tacky glue.) Also the red card has split and I think the green will follow suit as the book is used. Perhaps I should not stick folded card across the whole spread and do the pages seperately in future. Again I live and learn on this wonderful Altered Book Course.
Just added some red mulberry paper over the stocking split, that seems to do the trick. BJ

13 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Oh BJ, this is truly awesome, not only is the zipper perfect but the presentation is sublime! Love everything about this, you are da bomb! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Karen said...

Oh I love the way you unzip to find the true meaning of Christmas BJ, you are an inspiration !!!! A gorgeous couple of pages there, well done you xxx

Dawn said...

Awe BJ your pages are absolutely brilliant, love love love them honey. What a fab way to present the true meaning of Christmas. I completely agree with Karen, you are truly an inspiration my lovely.
Big hugs x x x x

Redanne said...

An inspired idea BJ, love what you see when the zip is opened, I can see why you wanted to do this one next. A x

Kristin said...

SO very cool! And I love the "split" too! Thank you for your comment and visit - and I KNOW right?! Sometimes Flickr can be fickle! ;)
Thank you for playing along with the SOC - it was great seeing your artwork - and I love how you put it all together! Let's keep in touch, Kristin xoxo

Kate said...

Great zip! My book fell by the wayside near the start but it's great seeing everyone elses taking shape.

** Kate **

Karen said...

Hellooooo! The little books are each around 2x4inches. They are soooo cute aren't they? Dawn made them and I am sure that she would make you one if you wanted my lovely. Hope you get your connections sorted painlessly HUGS xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Am I late or early? Maybe a little of both. You came up with the absolute perfect spread for winter. I was most assuredly impressed. I hope the stiffness goes away as you and others view these pages. This is turning out to be one very special themed AB. Once again, I'm impressed.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This is just so creative! Just the perfect way to state the reason for the season!

Dianne said...

VERY CUTE page and great use of the zipper! beautiful!

elle said...

What a lovely zipper insert. The Christmas theme is wonderfully done.

paulaexuk said...

What a beautiful example of the zipper insert. And Christmas too, great idea to peek inside the stocking.

Susan said...

Woh what a great page! I love how you used the zipper.