About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Butterfly Kisses

Thought I'd try a bit of texture and enter The Stamp Man Challenge as I was so inspired by Neil's tag and also my craft friend Julia's tag.


5 comments:

Julia S-W said...

A gorgeous tag BJ! Is that some acetate I see peaking out on the left?? I love the snowflake - one of my favourite things to put on a card etc. I want to use them all year round! Have you got the new lace TH die. . . . ??? It's on my need list! You've got loads of detail on this and it comes together so well. Juliax

Julia S-W said...

Me again! Thought it was about time I officially followed your blog instead of just nosing around! x

Lisa said...

Oooh, lovely colours, really pretty. Love the texture. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is gorgeous and very well done. I love the composition as well as the colors you used.

You asked about gel medium. Here is an article explaining it. Of course, I thought it was a bit hard to read until you got to the part that was actually important: using it as a glue.
http://www.ehow.com/about_4680995_what-gel-medium.html


I also found this article. http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Techniques/Art_Mediums/649.php

I know some people use it for everything the glue down, and for extending the paint on their pages. I don't believe in that, since I use gel medium with great caution and care. It's expensive, but it's really the best for when we make our niches. I know of nothing else that works. I hope that helps and I hope you can find it where you live. I'm surprised that you haven't come across it in your scrapbooking journeys. It is definitely archival and acid free.

Neil said...

Hi there, Lovely tag and am so pleased to hear that I inspired you in some small way! Thanks for popping round to my blog earlier. You asked about the Dyan Reavely stencils-they are a new release so don't think they are in the shops yet but I know that The Craft Barn have ordered them from the trade show so keep an eye out there!