About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas Fairy Doll


When I was about 6yrs old my mother made a fairy outfit for a doll she’d bought which had come in a yellow mac and wellies. It was a surprise for me and she left it next to my bed on Christmas morning.

 
 
 
She was dressed in a blue and green tutu with a silver crocheted crown and silver wings. I was told she’d flown in through the window.
Apparently, sometime later, I found the mac and wellies and realised that Mum had made her and she hadn’t flown in through the window after all!
But I adored my fairy doll all the same.


6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How adorable!! I can see why she was so special to you.

Have a super Merry Christmas. Enjoy the time with your family.

SandeeNC said...

Merry Christmas Nipper Floppy-Feet, yes we must be related! I still have some of my childhood treasures and their precious memories! Isn't it grand? waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Hettie said...

Great card and wonderful tale. Merry Christmas :-)

Dawn said...

Awe that's a beautiful page sweetie. I love the sentiment and fab memory behind its creation, lol I still have a few treasured childhood toys too, much loved and a little worn around the edges but still going strong bless them.
Merry Christmas honey, huge huggles x x x x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Adorable and a lovely story behind it too. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my ATC on the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog. Thank you. Tracy x

Cass said...

Beautiful BJ, very unBJ if I may say so. Good stuff.

Cassidy