About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 30 January 2013

WOYWW #191 - A Bit Bare

Not much happening this week. Although I did get around to painting my nativity set.

The donkey is now grey instead of black and now with the special donkey cross on its back.

The angel and wise man now have solid backs (the former with a newly fashioned foot!). Both my husband and I thought Mary ought to be the traditional blue instead of green, so I painted her a new cloak. Oh and the shepherd's new knee is working just fine.

I did finish the scrap page from last week and did another one too.



The box of matches is for a SWAP. Just need to alter it and fill it with something for Easter.

Thanks for another chance to share my desk on WOYWW hosted by the lovely Julia. Do pop over there to see all the desks from across the world.

20 comments:

Helen said...

Your nativity looks great - glad the knee is working for the shepherd!!

I get my Fresco's direct from Paperartsy, and their customer service is excellent.
Helen, 9

Queenie Jeannie said...

You did a lovely job on the nativity set!! AND with the layout pages! Here's to another productive week!

Jeannie #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw the nativity is a beauty, bet you enjoyed the peaceful painting..loving the details that you've added. Lovely vibrant scrapbook pages. I smiled at the matchbox..'just ned to alter it and fill it' - you sound so casual over something that would make me panic!!

House of Bears said...

We thought we'd stumbled into December there. Great painting on your nativity set and your LO are lovely.

The bears @#80 this week

Roudi said...

You did a fabulous job on your nativity! Love your scrapbook pages so much! I know I've already told you this, but I really enjoy my visits to your place BJ! ♥

Happy WOYWW from Egypt. xx
Roudi # 94

Monica said...

Such tidy desks make me feel so very wicked. A quick start by you for next Xmas!
Monica 102

Anonymous said...

Fab nativity - my FIL has one that he keeps adding to. It has not only the traditional elements but a Beer Fest table of Germans drinking, Uncle Duke (with machine gun) from Doonesbury, A miniature Godzilla (that growls) and too many more things to list. It is a bit irreverent but a huge laugh every year. The kids love spotting the new additions.

And YAY! More scrapbook pages. Love 'em

MA (3)

ria gall said...

Lovely scrap pages nice use of papers and colours and well done on the nativity deocoration
Ria #44

Minxy said...

What a nice neat desk, Like your layouts, very colourful.
Happy Desk Hopping Day
Hugz Minxy #59

Jackie said...

Your desk looks very tidy well done on all the painting I'm sure it will be treasured for many years to come
What's in the box behind Mary and Joseph ?
Jackie17

MiniOwner said...

Great job there with the Nativity renovation. How lovely to see some scrapbooking pages - they are super ones, too. Happy Wednesday. :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner@74)

SandeeNC said...

I'm most fascinated with the match box swap. They are so tiny, I cannot wait to see what you make. Love the repainted Navitiy scene. Thanks as always for visiting my blog, waving hi from the windy and rainy hills of North Carolina ♥

Almo said...

Hey BJ I thought i had dropped onto an earlier desk with your nativity, great job you have done though, I like your scrapbook pages, especially the brick in the wall. Hugs Mo x

Lucy said...

Love what you've done with the nativity set. Mary just wouldn't do in green! Have a great week - Lucy #23 x

Anne said...

Love the Nativity set and agree Mary should be in blue. Your desk is so neat and ordered. Great looking pages. Happy WOYWW - well just about I am so late. Anne x #144

lisa said...

Your Nativity set is looking very smart now. I agree, Mary should always be in blue.
Love those LO pages too.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #63

trisha too said...

You made me laugh out loud--not much going on, but you painted a whole Nativity set?

That's sounds like a "much" to me!!

:)trisha
late again this week,
but I made it to the party!
Happy WOYWW!

sandra de said...

Not much going on!!! sounds like you reconditioned a whole set of people and animals. I am impressed.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

BJ, I had to pop over to say congratulations on being one of the winners over on Tim's blog this morning! I know it's just a random draw, but you always do such a creative job with the challenges that it's great to see you win. I'm glad you had a chance to paint and repair your Nativity. Happy WOYWW on Friday from Laura #105

Gibby Frogett said...

Belated WOYWW greetings.. thanks for sharing - You have some fabulous projects, lovely scrapping and love your storage drawers too.. Gill x (#82)