About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 2 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #01 - Adventure

A is for Adventure.

Yes this is the first page of my A to Z of me Art Journal. I'm using a handmade journal which my secret sister gave me for Advent last year.

I'll probably just stick to the craft technique and the scripture quote, but it is a start.

I used my handmade stamp I made during last November's Attitude of Gratitude journal, for the distress ink bleach-out technique, and my trusty typewriter for the scripture. Oh and my recently acquired faux stitching stamps for the border.

Not sure what I'd want as adventure. I asked my son and he said I'd like to eat chocolate and not get fat, play badminton whenever I liked and  craft the rest of the time - awww.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

great page! love how you did the word Adventure and that was a great stamp for the technique.

SandeeNC said...

eat chocolate and not get fat sounds like a dream come true for me! Lovely start to your new journal! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Tracy said...

I like that faux stitching stamp. Gives me an idea for my next stamp-carving session :)

Bernice Hopper said...

A lovely page. I've got that set of stamps. They're great and love how you've used them

crafty mum said...

lovely page i hope one day i can be as creative as you its wonderful xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Love your page, especially your handmade stamp.