About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 4 October 2014

Electrify - Resistors

I am currently doing a Future Learn course called Electrify. It is an introduction to Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

In week 2 we looked at Resistors so my husband was delighted to get out his boxes and tins of resistors to show me.










We did a little exercise to identify some of his collection. I used the colour chart link given on the course, plus a magnifying eyepiece as the little ones are mighty difficult to see.

We then measured the actual resistance of each resistor on an electric meter.

This highlighted the tolerance from the calculated measurement gained from the colour bands.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, that looks like fun and it's something hubby can share with you. Not that I can remember much now, but I do remember coming across resistors, capacitors and inductors in a course taken more than a lifetime ago :) Elizabeth xx

kaybee said...

I've got some resistors - but I use them for altered art! :D

Karen said...

Crikey that all looks complicated!!! But you are having fun and that delights me BJ, HUGS x