About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

WOYWW #147

Well here we are again. Thought I'd get myself sorted this week on the Tuesday as, of course, I'll be going to badminton again on Wednesday.

Here's a wider shot of my craftcorner in my bedroom. Whilst I am scrapping, my Cuttlebug changes places with my laptop as I love diecutting. Perhaps you'll notice the boards with most of my die shapes on the wall behind my chair! I did my "Leap Day" scrappage earlier in the week and it is hanging from my shelves on a coat hanger (a great idea I got from a magazine once).

Not sure if you can see the special distress ink shelf under the bottom main shelf which my husband put up for me for Christmas last. My inkpad foams are stored in the little wooden cuttlery tray under the Gesso!

And yes I do use the end of my bed for albums, folders and the like whilst I am crafting. The round light is my SAD light, not only adding to my sanity but great to craft with.

My current pages are of our trip to the Royal Academy of Arts to see the David Hockney exhibition. I always seem to have more photos/memorabilia for my pages than most people but I try to add embellishments where I can.

Hope this gives you all a better insight to my craftcorner, and hoping my badge turns up soon too.

Thanks Julia for doing this, it is great fun.

23 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Busy desk I see... and a great keepsake of you day out to the art exhibition. I visited the Charles Rennie MacIntosh School of Art in Glasgow last and absolutely loved it. I didn't manage any photos but it was such an interesting day. The library in that building is awesome!!

Anyway, must say thank for the lovely comments on my blog. Like you I share my craft 'studio' with my bedroom. Don't have anywhere else I can do it really.

Take care and Happy WOYWW....I'll post pix of mine later...just gone to bed!! lol...

Jackie x

Julia S-W said...

Wow (as in wow not woyww!!) you did it! So clever! Your work space is great for having a nose around and I so love doing this. Such interesting things you have there too - mine would be far too BORING given my rather slow crafting pace!Your RA pages look fab and I love the idea of hanging things up. Your corner looks creative so no wonder you always have mojo - as they say. Thanks for letting a non-woyww sneak about your bedroom!
Juliaxx

SandeeNC said...

I love the idea of a coat hanger to use as a disply, might be doing that myself! Looking forward to see your AB!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Until I enlarged the photo, I thought you had a container of paint to the right of and behind your chair. I'm impressed with the amount of space you have and how well you get it to work for you. Love it. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Ann B said...

Great storage there and great idea to display your dies like that - I keep forgetting which I have and I don't have half as many as you.
You asked about my masterboard - nothing special just a sheet of A4 card stamped all over randomly and then either scanned into a computer and printed or cut up and used as backgrounds. Good thing is that it may look a bit messy as a full sheet but you can use the best bits as backgrounds. I have also done it using the 'serendipity' technique - ripping paper, sticking down bits, stamping, embossing powder etc to cover A4 for backgrounds. Huge fun.

Ann B
#74

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great pages and what a corner! Take care & enjoy this weeks snoop of WOYWW desks. Zo xx 77

Tammy said...

Love your little corner! It looks like a cozy place to craft! Happy WOYWW 147 - Tammy #47

May said...

Your busy crafty space look sooooo inviting, Have a happy week, Hugs May x x x No14

Karen said...

A fab creative space with lots of lovely craft goodies to play with :)

Take care and have a fab WOYWW, Luv Karen xx #91

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...small and compact with everything you need at your finger tips...a loVely crafting space...Mel :)

Anonymous said...

Can we have a WOYWW folder over on UKPC please BJ? I might even take a piccie of my space. Mines a crafty corner (or rather end of room) in the spare bedroom. I'm pretty organised on my shelves but your table is so much more tidy than mine - I have bits piled up at the back when they should be in their proper space so I can find them again when I want them!! Must get a skirt hanger out to "do" my next scrappage too ;-)
Karen xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Did you enjoy the Hockney exhibition?? I saw the programme on TV about it - was very struck by his paintings done on the Ipad. I rather like his work, the colours are always interesting!
Hugs, LLJ #74 xx

trisha too said...

Lovely space, so organized and sunny!

:)trisha
#41

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The fair is a bit far away from leafy Surrey, I'm afraid! It's in a small town called Pewsey in Wiltshire. I do sell via my blog though, via Paypal. The Union Jack tote is lined in a contrast check, all 100% cotton and is £15. Email me via my blog if you're interested!!
Thanks, LLJ #74 xx

Peggy said...

Good Morning! Still trying to make all the rounds to the desks. Great looking pages!

Spyder said...

I can see one picture, blogger is being a pain again...great looking work space! Thanks for my snoop! Bit late, as I'm a very slow reader and an even slower typist! Have a great crafty week! HaPpY WoYwW!
((Lyn))
#18

Eliza said...

What a busy space you have but a place for everything, unless your using it of course. LOL

Happy crafting
Eliza

Sherry said...

What a lovely craft corner you have. I'm not sure that I'd ever go to bed if that was me though!

I spotted your Gesso straight away - that is the same one as me. Your wooden cutlery tray below it looks super organised. Thanks for sharing x


Thanks for already visiting my desk this week :)
WoYwW # 3

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh BJ your space is lovely! So organised, even from here I can see your Cricut collection - I do like the Roxy cart very much. I love the mini shelf for alcohol inks...I don't have enough to justify a mini anything at the mo, but such a good idea. Glad to hear the SAD light is a help, but girly, I'm not sure about your sanity...after all, you're here, with us!

SophieNewton said...

I love the coat hanger idea, awesome...I may just magpie that one x
Sophie no.183

Neesie said...

That's one busy space...I think I'd have to tie something round my waist before I headed in ;D
It must be so good to have so much near to hand.
I'm so late visiting but I'm trying to get to everyone ~ think my times running out though.
Thanks for letting me take a peek. I'll take more time next time. Neesie #30

Erika said...

Love your work desk area BJ, looks like a very productive area. Thanks for sharing, hugs,
Erika.

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I missed your post last week, I think, so had to pop over to see how you used the hanger -- that's a good idea. I don't really have anything to hang one off of right now, but if we redo the den/scrap space this spring, I'm thinking of trying to incorporate display space somehow.