About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 18 June 2012

Summer of Colour #2 - Mint Choc Chip



It is Mint Choc Chip week over at the Summer of Colour Event so I made up another ATC using lime green and browns. I'm going to do a butterfly ATC each week and then make up an art journal page with them all at the end of the event, using the lyrics of my favourite butterfly song... I had a piece of boarder left over after doing my ATC so I decorated a jar to use as a prayer jar. Then I did some of my day to day scrapping and would you know I unconsciously picked brown and green papers so more even Mint Choc Chip! Yep definitely liking these colours.


35 comments:

Melissa said...

Great use of the colors on all these items - I really like the idea of the prayer jar.

okienurse said...

Gorgeous mint green and chocolate chip used in each project. Love them! Thanks for following my blog. I am your newest follower today! Vickie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are fun. I'm glad you have a real theme (ATCs). I'm all over the map with no direction. Way to go. After all, you inspired me!

helena said...

liking how you are using the butterflies each week

Fishcake_random said...

Lovely entry again this week hun. I really like the idea of a prayer jar. I hadn't heard of them before so I'm off for a bit of Google research lol
x x x

Deepa Gopal said...

The butterfly looks great & the prayer jar is awesome too:)

Redanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous ATC and jar, I do love butterflies, they are so delicate and graceful. Would your fav song be 'Love is Like a Butterfly' or is there another that I don't know?! Mint green and brown do look so good together and I like the idea of creating an art journal of your makes. A x

WrightStuff said...

Great entry. I loved the colour combo this week - mind you, anything inspired by ice cream is OK with me!!

Shahrul Niza said...

LOVELY minty card!. Such a great idea for a prayer jar :). I like to have one myself :). TFS.

Mandy said...

these are all beautiful...loving your scrapbook page and those butterflies and goodie jar are beautiful...xxx

Elizabeth Claire said...

I love butterflies and the ATC is beautiful!

Diana Taylor said...

I just love the ATC and the prayer jar - beautifully designed and the colours are fab

Diane said...

These great colors enhance your already wonderful artwork--love the ATC idea!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love what you did and the colors. You know I got confused with what choc chip mint was, so I just got inspired by Kristen's one instead. Have a blissful week xx

Danni said...

Everything is gorgeous! I love the idea of doing all butterfly ATCs throughout the project and combining them at the end, sort of makes me wish I was working smaller.

Joyce said...

My favorite color, love it!

sugar Creek said...

Love your atc and that prayer jar!!

Fars Datter said...

Very nice atc and scrapping! And I love your prayer jar! :)

Joanna said...

Mmmmm, yummy ATC!

Anita said...

Gorgeous!

Molly said...

i like the idea of creating something similar each week of the challenge and then putting it together in a journal at the end. that will be a great keepsake of the challenge!
wonderful job on all the different things you created using the mint chocolate chip colors.

SandeeNC said...

That's a wonderful idea to make a butterfly ATC each week, and I look forward to seeing the journal page you create from them, you are so darn creative!! LOVE your prayer jar, how do you use it? The lay out is just fabulous too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Kristin said...

xo!

Linda Gibbons said...

Love the colors. It's a beautiful prayer jar.

Linda said...

Nice ATC and scrapbook page. Love the idea of a prayer jar.

Jenny said...

So wonderful... and creative... you have been busy... love your ATC...

Hugs
Jenny x

Caz said...

The jar is a loveli idea!! Green and brown always go so well together ;-)

Sandi McLean said...

Love your plan! All of your projects are lovely..and yes I have been the same colours all week too!

Lesley said...

Beautiful work. Love the ATC especially.
These colours are so much fun to work with.
Lesley

Tracey FK said...

This card is full of minty goodness... great way to show up those ice cream tones!!!!

joanna said...

Gorgeous! I love the idea of putting these in a journal, looking foward to seeing it!

Kathy said...

I know.. I love these colors.. your scrapbook page is great.. but love the atc.. and the thot of putting them all together in the end.. very cool
xx

Virginia said...

Wow love all of your creations, the layout is fabulous - I must admit I'd thought similarly of doing something using the colours and your layouts have spurred me on! Loving the prayer jar as well.

XX

Unknown said...

Very pretty pieces.

Daniele Valois said...

beautiful mint and brown pieces!