About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 1 September 2012

SSS&S - Summer Distress

Over at Simon Says Stamp and Show they are looking at the Summer Distress colours and as I LOVE these colours I just had to have a go. When I received my set back in June I made the little ATC sampler of the colours so I have now made a bigger tag version with added stamping with TH stamps to show off the colours even more. Then the funny thing was I was brushing my teeth and saw that our family toothbrushes are in the same Summer Distress colours too! Having a husband and son, guess which one is mine!


8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love your tag, BJ. Those colours are beautiful and I like the way they are blended and show the wood texture of the ground. They do bring summer to mind. And now we can take a guess at where TH got his inspiration for this colour collection from - his family toothbrushes perhaps :) Elizabeth x

Redanne said...

Umm, the green one?? Only joking! Your tag is beautiful. They are my favourite colours of all Tim's DI' and to see the colours with butterflies too - well nothing could outdo that....tis gorgeous BJ. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Julia S-W said...

Having seen your tag in real life AND being inspired by (subconsciously!) I know that it is gorgeous and the colours sing. You've certainly made me look at these colours with a new eye - I had to mix them up a bit of course and add some grunge because it wouldn't be my work without that!! Like the addition of the beads.
Juliaxx

Cass said...

They are SOOOO pretty! Scrumptious in fact

Cassidy

Dawn said...

ooh fab tag and atc honey, those colours are glorious and soooo cheerful.
Big hugs x x x x

SandeeNC said...

Only you could color cordinate your toothbrushes with TH distress inks! lol Lovely tags though!!!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous creations, with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and SHow, fabulously made woww and the butterflies are great too.....lol it really is funny that your toothbrushes have the same Summer distress colors hihihih...thank you for sharing hugs terry xxxx

Sherry said...

I can't believe your toothbrushes are the identical colours - how funny! The colours are glorious and your tags look fab! Yours is the pink one right! xx