About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 26 September 2012

WOYWW #173 - Freebies

Hi everyone and welcome to my desk for WOYWW. To be enlightened please visit Julia at the Stamping Ground. So what have I been up to then? Well I finished the Jubilee scrapbook pages at last (see below) and have the next set of photos laid out ready for inspiration (hopefully it won't take a month to come to me this time!)
 
I bought Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine (issue 102) and got the 2 freebies of the embossing folder and stamp set. Made a couple of ATCs just to have a play with them. Also made my October ATC SWAP too, you can see that lurking in the middle of my desk.













Been using my tidy tray as always and my trusty embossing tool to sort out gluey messes. My acrylic blocks come in handy as weights for getting things stuck like the hinges on my art journal. Even had my perfect pearls/cosmic shimmers out too. Oh and I have also been trying out pop-ups for my Altered Book. Not sure how I will do it for the book, but will be having a go SOON! Oh and last week's card is HERE. Happy WOYWW everyone. BJ

18 comments:

sandra de said...

Your layouts look wonderful and I like the embossing folder. I am sure you will get lots of use from that lovely pattern. I know about waiting for inspiration It can take ages. But looks like you are on a roll.
Sandra @23

SandeeNC said...

wow, aren't you the productive one! Loving the Derby Day and the I saw the Queen LO's, just fantastic! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Neil said...

Hiya, great looking creative space this week, Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. Hope the rest of your week is good too.
Neil #71

Redanne said...

Oh you have been busy trying out lots of things this week, love your layouts and good on you for using your freebies straight away, must be where I go wrong, they just sit for ages........Happy WOYWW, Anne x #65

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. What a busy and creative desk. I have got those freebies as well, although not used them yet. Ali x #62

Unknown said...

the pages are so nice. Looks like good supplies in the last photos too. #109

Krisha said...

Your layouts are great. I need to get back to catching up my albums. Darn grandkids grow faster than I can scrap and stamp. LOL
Krisha #40

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for visiting my grandaughter's blog...she loveds to get comments.

Yeah, her poor mommy, as 5 bucks is standard fairy dollars here for front teeth. I think the rest range from 2 to 5 bucks also though!
She is planning to buy something at Michaels with her tooth money. She is wobbling between one copic pen (she would have to use the coupon to get it for $5) or a cling type stamp.
Oh, the joys of choosing when you are almost 6!

I am going to have to get cracking and research the digital images for her. Her Mum and Dad are getting a bit worried about the room to store the boxes of stuff it takes to create!!!teehee

Jenny Marples said...

You've got so much going on and it's great to see your lovely finished layouts. It really has been a year to celebrate and you've got a great way to remember it now. Enjoy playing with your freebies. Hugs, Buttons #70

Unknown said...

So nice to get those freebies! Your layout looks wonderful. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh at #11

Helen said...

your Jubilee journal looks fab, well done! Hope you've had a good day. Helen, 35

Bernice said...

Great layouts. I must have a look for those free embossing folders - they would be really useful for Christmas cards (when I eventually get round to making some!!)
Bernice #69

Tammy said...

Lovely layouts! Love the circles. Makes for a fun, dynamic design. Looks like you are having a crafty day! Happy WOYWW! Tammy #102

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Here I was getting ready to leave a message when a thunderstorm knocked my electricity out. It was still out this morning when I went grocery shopping. Hard to shop when all the registers are hooked to computers.

It was good to see that you finished those royal layouts. Impressive.

I sometimes get magazines my friend gives me, but we never get freebies in the magazines she gets (Somerset). I was especially impressed with the embossing folder.

I'm still working on a pop-up, but had to wish you a happy WoYWW from #4.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm impressed that you are scrapbooking the jubilee already. I mean I see people scrapbooking about when their babies were born (who are now starting high school) so I think you are pretty darn timely! I get Papercraft too and I haven't opened it yet!!! I wait until I have time to enjoy so now I know what to look forward to. I like Simply Cards and pick that up from time to time. I really enjoy the freebies in the cards. I like your leafy October ATC on your desk and the snow one on the easel. I have signed on for ATCs and don't remember the themes. There are two to pick from. Well, I have that written around here somewhere! So much to do and so little time to do it.

May said...

Gorgeous layouts... fabby ATC's Have a great week, Hugs May x x x#52

Tamika said...

Nice layouts of the Queen! Nice snowflake embossing folder too! We get a peek and a reveal what a treat!Tamika #34

Anonymous said...

There is always so much neat stuff to look at on your desk. I remember when you posted the picture of the Queen and Prince Phillip driving by in the car; great to see it on a page. Love your "Snow" ATC. I have a snowflake embossing folder and now I'm itching to pull it out. :) Happy WOYWW! ~ Laura #22