About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 21 June 2013

12 Months in View - Postcard Theology

The guest post on 12 Months in View today is from the Rev. Andrew Hall.

We were challenged to choose a Psalm from the Songs of Ascent Psalms 120-134, meditate on it and create a postcard to illustrate our meditation.

Having been left feeling rather low lately due to all the bureaucracy which seems to surround establishments in this day and age, the opening words of Psalm 120 really sang out to me.

Why can't people just say what they mean and not try to hide stuff. I'd have much more respect if only people were "real".

So yes, LORD save me from lying lips and deceitful tongues.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Don't be disheartened sweetheart. There are lots of real people out there. Lovely postcard and I love your pics below. HUGS xxx

Dawn said...

Well said BJ, I totally agree!! Ditto Mrs G above me too. I love your postcard sweetie, beautifully done with gorgeous colours and a stunning background. Keep smiling my lovely.
Huge hugs x

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous set of colours for your card. And I do want to encourage you to keep going - there are some good people out there as well.