About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 9 August 2013

12 Months Calendar, Tag & Garden

In my 12 Months in View Journal I have added the giveaway sunflower picture to my calendar pages and had to darken the backing to make it show up better. I had to cut and rearrange parts of the image to make it fit my space.

I also made up the pocket with the smaller sunflower image and popped the tag panel onto the back of my tag.












I have taken a few pictures of the pots which have run wild in my garden. I have a big dandelion, 3 tomato plants and a sunflower, all just appeared.




Not sure what the tallest plant is, kale perhaps? We had wheat last year! The baby oak tree seeded itself a few years back. The silver birch I now have in the garden was also found in a pot many years ago.



Still can't believe we have tomatoes forming on the plants. I tried to grow them quite some years ago and they got black spot so I didn't bother ever again. Shame I don't really like tomatoes.




I can't remember now but someone was asking about ladybirds this week and whether we'd seen any here in the UK this Summer. I had seen one in next door's compost bin earlier in the week so hoped there would be more and sure enough I saw another just now and grabbed a photo.

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

HMM! I've always known these flying creatures as lady BUGs. Isn't the English language strange (grin).

I know what a sunflower, a dandelion, and a tomato plant looks like, but I have NO idea what anything else is. I'm even having trouble identifying what's in my own garden!

Sorry I'm late arriving. Think I missed WOYWW, but don't know, since I've been offline for nearly three days.

Dawn said...

Fab calendar page sweetie, I love the sunflower image, perfectly doctored to fit your needs, superb.
Awe love the ladybird pic too, we haven't seen any at all this year sadly.
Huge hugs x

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely love the photos of your potted garden! So beautiful! and your calendar is fabulous, BJ!!!!!