About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 7 April 2014

Psalms 22 & 23

Isn't it great when you do one challenge and find you have inadvertently done another one in the process. This is exactly what I seem to have done whilst doing my latest Psalm pages. They are both monochromatic so fulfill the DLP week 15 prompt as such.

For Psalm 22 I had the "eureka" moment when I realised that Jesus used the words of this King David's psalm whilst he was on the cross. So this just had to be a page of the cross. I used scraps of brown patterned papers as a background patchworked together and joined with pen stitching. My new Timmy spritzer just had to be used too.

For Psalm 23 I just thought of the green of the pastures with God as our shepherd. I used my new Timmy Latticework stencil and then 3 types of speckledness on top.
1) New speckled stamp
2) Timmy Spritzer
3) Water

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning pages, BJ. Love the crosses and your backgrounds. I'm a bit jealous of that lattice stencil.

Elizabeth said...

Two fabulous pages. Like the collage effect on the first and the background on the second is gorgeous. Elizabeth xx

Karen said...

These are both beautiful BJ but I particularly like the Psalm 22 page with all its layers and colours xxx