About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an avid crafter; Scrapbooking, Cards, ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband and son. For exercise I play badminton and I have been Geocaching since 2009 and now and again Pokémon Go. I run UK based on-line papercraft and stitchers groups.

Monday, 4 May 2015

Harp Accessories

My harp is made from Cherry wood so some time ago I crocheted some cherries for it!

Also, I have been quite conscious that I have been perched on the edge of our sofa to play my harp and if I ever took it anywhere else to play, would I find the same height "sofa" to sit on? Could I take the sofa with me? I think not.

I have pondered getting a Harpist's Bench as sold by my harp maker Telynau Teifi, but at 12" high they are an inch too short for me really and they are jolly expensive too.













So I had a look in Ikea and found the ODDVAR pine stool. At only £7 each and with 12cm chopped off each leg, it is a perfect alternative.

Pondering making an upholstered cushion top, but for now the garden cushion is just fine.

The acoustics in our conservatory are great for harp playing too.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Glad you found just the right stool for playing your harp. Sue