About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 15 April 2013

Alpha Challenge #08 - Winter Solstice

The Craft Barn's Alpha Challenge has a slight twist this fortnight. We have the letter "W" but need to have circles in the background.

There are quite a few "W" special days, like Ash Wednesday, Whit Sunday (Pentecost), Battle of  Waterloo, Wassailing Day, Whistable Oyster Festival and Weather Day, and numerous WORLD days of this or that. I plumbed for Winter Solstice as it is extra special as my son was born on this day.

Fortunately my dictionary had the "Winter Solstice" in its definition and I also highlighted "World" as the changing seasons affect us all one way or another. The clock segment is centered on noon in accordance with the definition and highlighted with golds to represent the sun along with the arrows pointing towards earth.

My circle background is of a compass (as it all depends on where you live on the globe) plus cogs and dotted with snow. Again nothing like I imagined, I just went with the flow.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeahhh, too quick... you'll to do another one LOL .
Just kidding. Awesome page as usual.
Well done
Thanks for playing
Izzy

Karen said...

My goodness! Quick work BJ!!! Fabulous page as always xxx

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from the Craft Barn - CrIkEy, you're quick off the mark!
Awesome page mind you, and an awesome reason to choose that particular 'W' :0) Mo

Unknown said...

Wow great page and such an original word choice. I have yet to pick me a word, so I'm off to do some thinking. Hugs Frea

Dawn said...

Ooh another gorgeous alpha page sweetie. I love the impact of the blue on the brown background, this works so so well.
Huge hugs x x x x

ionabunny said...

Great definition and interpretation. Love the bright colours and the other associations.

Helen said...

Wonderful choice, BJ. Just thinking about mine now!! Your pages are brilliant.

Annie said...

You must have inside access! LOL Beautiful, beautiful page!

Scrapmate said...

What a magical page. I love the spots of snow and the compass circles in the BG.

Gráinne said...

What a great choice ... love the page; the images and the very beautiful colour scheme. Great work. Suzanne

Sandy said...

Oh wow - his is a fantastic choice and really well done. Oh dear - I had better get busy!!!
Sandy

Elaine said...

Great choice of word - love your Winter Solstice! The colours are great and love the snow effect!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Looking great, as always! Love the colours and the great interpretation!

Maggie said...

Lovely pages BJ great word choice and interpretaion.

MaggieH

Maggie said...

Lovely pages BJ great word choice and interpretaion.

MaggieH

Joan said...

Great choice of word, love all the different circles you have incorporated and the bright colours

Cazzy said...

Beautiful pages and great interpretations of W.

Cazzy x

Sylvia said...

Fabulous word choice and page, great background.

Sylv xx

Laura said...

Just hopping round all the W entries...
I must say I thought of you when I was looking for my word... Whitsun stood out in my dictionary and I wondered whether you would choose it.
Lovely page as always
:)
Laura

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi BJ - love this page! Checked back on your wisteria page too - gorgeous! MMx