About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 8 April 2013

Another New Craft Club - Tadworth

Gosh, craft clubs seem to be like busses at the moment, nothing for years and then 3 turn up at once! I went to my 2nd today, it is my closest and a spin off from the next one I hope to go to at the end of the month.

We did some stamped cards. Gosh they had LOADS of stamps to choose from. I just have one Tim Holtz binder full but have just ordered a second binder and am even debating de-backing my few wooden block ones?

Anyway we used the technique of stamping and or inking through a pre-cut hole in a piece of paper, cut using a Cuttlebug and Spellbinders. Then we added a feature over the edge afterwards.

Also the technique of using mini stamps and creating a sense of the shape by stamping over the edge.

I did better with the former as you can't really make a circle lopsided, but my heart was wonky so I have since cut that out and made up a card with it as a topper.

A really useful technique for a quick "flat" card.

4 comments:

kaybee said...

Hi BJ - glad you enjoyed Tadworth today. Look forward to seeing you again at Ashtead. Kay

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, these are lovely - love the technique. I've done similar with squares shaped using post-it notes but didn't thinking of taking it further by using the Cuttlebug to cut out a mask ... such a good idea.

How nice for you to have a few clubs to go to - sounds good fun.

Elizabeth xx

Dawn said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun sweetie, well deserved methinks. I love you cards, what gorgeous colours and the technique is so very effective.
Huge hugs x

Anonymous said...

I love these cards,I have some Spellbinders circles, so they're definately on my list of "must do's". My you have been blogging a lot recently, I'm only just catching up with all your posts ;)
Karen xxx