About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Tim Holtz Tag Book 2013

At last my Timmy Tag book is in a state worth showing, although there is still room for more journaling here and there.

I used black and white photographs tinted with Vintage Photo - what else? The pad I got from the workshop is rather a different more reddy Vintage Photo to the one I already had.











Here are all the tags as they arrived home, so I did do quite a bit on the day warranting the extremely inky fingers.













Here's my craft table as I was putting the book together.

I made 2 physical updates to the book.

1) I lined both of the backs of the covers with an acetate tag. The front for strength as the metal bits are rather heavy, and the back one for protection when the book is put down.


2) I filled out the spine with cardboard spacers. One either side of the kraft tags so 10 in all.

I got rather nifty with my new mini attacher and attached all the photographs with it! Also the tape tie is attached at the back so it doesn't get lost.

So, without further ado, here are the photos of all the pages. I have made them small for the main page but you can click on them to get the big version should you wish.





























Oh my, what a project, and such a wonderful memento of a great day.

7 comments:

kay said...

BJ your tag book is looking fabulous.love the idea of acetate tags to make it stronger. Still doesn't seem real we were there x

Neil said...

Looks brilliant BJ. It all happens so fast on the day it is so good to sit with everything and a bit of time at home to finish it off properly. I really is looking fabby.

Tera Callihan said...

Happy WOYWW!! I'm so jealous of your wonderful Timmy experience! I'll meet him some day too i hope! Love you book, and photos on our other post!! (did you meet a girl named Zoe there? I swap with her in a Tim Holtz addict group)

-tera #9

Unknown said...

This little tag book is wonderful.

Maisie Moonshine said...

Oh BJ - what a fabulous project and such an amazing day - I am so pleased it was a success and I'm NOT AT ALL ENVIOUS!!!!! (She lied)

Going to have to go back and inspect all the little bits and bobs on your tag pages - again!

A project to treasure FOREVER!

MMx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh!!! Color me jealous! That workshop was completely fabulous and I love your finished product!!! So much awesome!

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Have finally taken the time to drool over this properly. Tim always brings his 110% to class. What a treasure.