About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 5 August 2013

TH #08 August Tag

I was spurred on to do the Tim Holtz August tag as I just happened to have some of the stamps Tim used. I soon realised that mine were a smaller version of the ones Tim used so aren't as dynamic on the same tag size (perhaps I ought to have made the tag smaller - all great in hindsight!)

I'm sure most of you know I'm not as at home with stamping as other techniques and to be quite honest I prefer the backing to the finished tag. I did like using some markers on the stamps though to highlight different elements, especially the stamp on the ticket stamp.

But guess what, not a single Distress Marker in this craftcorner. Wondering if I will be converted after attending Tim's UK workshop at the end of the month? Stranger things have happened.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I bet you are counting down the days till you meet Sir Tim..I know I would be haha! Fantastic tag...have you made a folder for them all this year? xxx

Dawn said...

Ditto Mrs G above, you must be sooooooo excited. Your tag is beautiful sweetie, an amazing background with fab stamping to boot!!
Huge hugs x x x x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a great tag.

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi BJ. I don't own a single Tim stamp (let alone Distress Marker) so I'm impressed you even had the stamps in "small". I think your tag looks great. The background stamps add real interest too. I haven't used the colouring parts of the stamp technique on my tag (oops) I was kind of doing it from memory and missed that step, but it works really well doesn't it. Your game spinner embellie is fab - love the way you've put it through the O in journey - NICE touch!

Thanks for your kind comments, they mean a lot. Hugs MMx

Monique said...

haha, love your tag, I didn't use distress markers either. They are a bit too expensive for my budget. Did you convert, after the course? =)
xx Monique