About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Sewing Corner

I did a bit of altering and mending at the weekend, most of Saturday really, as I had been saving up stuff to warrant getting the sewing machine out.

Then at church on Sunday, when asked to help with the collection, I was prompted yet again (the inner prompt that is) to offer to re-line the collection bags.

Well they had become rather worn and kind of holy! Yes I giggled at the thought too!







As they only needed 2 of the 4 for the evening service I brought the 2 worst ones home.




Fortunately I had some lining material and even just enough braid plus a curved needle which enabled me to get round the fiddly parts.

I even found a nice shiny American cent when I removed the first old lining. So apt that the American coinage has the quote,
"In God We Trust" on it.

Both done, now that's better.

EDIT - Have since finished all 4 bags and was thanked at church Sunday 19th.

No comments: