About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 1 March 2015

17th Anniversary - SHELLS

Since seeing a list of traditional wedding anniversary themes in our wedding book, we have been trying to buy or do something appropriate for the year. Themes get a bit patchy after 15 years but we found a site on the internet to help out.

Anyway, for the 17th the theme was SHELLS and as we had seen something on TV about the Shell Grotto in Margate this was just the ticket for this year.

It was extremely windy in Margate but we managed a few snaps with the "Shell Lady" statue at the end of the harbour arm then we went to the Grotto.




















We met the Grotto's owner, Sarah Vickery and she kindly gave me some shells as a gift to mark the occasion, how delightful, and took our photo too.


And despite the weather, (extremely windy and light rain all day!) you just have to have chips on the seafront when at the seaside!

We also popped into the Turner Contemporary and bagged a geocache outside there too.

Quite a memorable day all in all.



2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary BJ. Looks like you had a lovely time - 15 years - 44 for us this year :-) where did that go? Agree re fish and chips at seaside always taste so much better!

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary BJ. Looks like you had a lovely time - 15 years - 44 for us this year :-) where did that go? Agree re fish and chips at seaside always taste so much better!