About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 6 June 2015

Harp in the Garden!

Last Saturday (31st May) I had a session in the garden and reclaimed a border from the weeds!

I obviously did too much as I fainted in church the following day!

I saw the doctor on Monday and he thought the mild headaches, tinnitus and ultimately the fainting was probably due to Labyrinthitis.

So the border had to wait until today for a visit to the plant shop and some gentle planting.

I got some Geraniums, Pelargoniums and some Begonias. I tend to only to get plants the slugs and snails don't like so it is usually just Begonias but I thought I'd be fairly safe with the Geraniums and Pelargoniums too.


Oooo is that a harp I see in the garden?

Well it was such a nice day, I thought I'd bring my newest harp out for a photo shoot!


Got quite a show of Alliums this year too.

I planted them in memory of my Dad a few years back as I'd seen them in the garden of remembrance one year.
So then my little stool came out as well and I settled next to the patch of daisies to play my beautiful instrument.

What a soothing afternoon.




2 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely garden and what a beautiful harp.

Hope your Labyrinthitis clears up quickly.

Enjoy your weekend. Sue

Elizabeth said...

Your garden looks lovely, cool and calm and the perfect place for a little harp playing :) Elizabeth xx