About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 27 January 2014

Documented Life Project - January 2014

Thought it about time I did a dedicated Documented Life Project (DLP) posting.

This project is about doing a bit of journaling in your yearly planner or in my case the little diary I received as a present. I use this diary mainly for crafty reminders as we have a family desk diary downstairs for all appointments.

You can add "tip-ins" extra fold out pages on the end of each page using washi tape. I am just adding them as I go along.

In the DLP each week you get a prompt and you can make of it what you wish. I have also filled in one of the beginning pages with bits and bobs. Guess how old I'll be in just over 2 weeks?



So far we have had 5 prompts:

1) Your Front Door - just love our original wooden front door.

2) Selfie and One little Word (your mantra for the year) I'm trying to be humble, but it is certainly not an easy task, could well take all year and more...












3) Add an envelope - I used a decorated one which I received in a swap last year. Had to cut it into 3 though.

4) Secret Message - paint over it leaving one key word. My word is "wondering" and I guess I'll leave you wondering what my message was.

5) Doodled Border - I added a border to this page, the picture is from the Radio Times (TV magazine here in the UK) from the radio section, there are always some cool pictures there. Something about this one grabbed me.



I seem to have acquired a few Sharpie pens on this journey too. This may come as a shock to some as I am not really a pen person, but am loving the metallic ones I got in Staples when I got the Washi tape at Christmas last.

So there we are then - my first month's worth of the DLP.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, I love how this is developing BJ, beautifully done. Lol I was sooooooo tempted by this challenge and have been following along on FB, but time is not on my side at the moment, who knows though, I may jump in at some point!!??
Huge hugs x x x

Unknown said...

This looks great BJ.