About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 22 January 2014

WOYWW #242 - Scrapping At Last!

Yay I have finally got around to doing some scrapping! Egged on by some new papers and the set of chipboard letters I got for an Advent gift.

I have finished 2 pages and have another 2 laid out ready for more inspiration.



Trying to see if I can use up all the letters. Managed JENGA, UPPING, BEACON and WALES so far!



I also got around the the recycling challenge on 12 months in view and made these Angels out of old Christmas cards.





I did my weekly journaling pages of Psalm 3, A special place (my garden with the birdsong), and a quote with "Smile" in it. I have the free printables from Psalm 5 pending inspiration for this week.

So come join in the blog hop fun known as WOYWW.

18 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love those angels BJ....in fact, I'd like to have a go at those. Did you follow a tutorial or did you make them up yourself? They're really effective :-)
Hugs, LLJ 38 xx

Ann B said...

Advent presents are new to me but sounds a great idea. Love the angels as well even though I have 'put away' Christmas for a while now.
Ann B
36

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scrap layouts and I love the angels and journal too.

Thanks for sharing.

Zoe #32

Jackie said...

As always you have been up to lots!
Just had a closer look at your journal ... What a nice background you made!
Jackie 33

shazsilverwolf said...

Gorgeous stuff BJ, love the angels. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #33 xx

Susanne said...

You've been busy. Well done. I think a little infusion of new stuff can spark a crafting spree too. Glad I dropped by. Susanne #66

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You've been staying busy. Isn't it quite the challenge to use letters up. I know a lady who puts a scrapbook together for a social club. She loves it when you give her the leftover alphabet stickers you don't know what to do with. Something tells me the scrapbook looks like random notes. :-) Cute angels!

Helen said...

you always have so much to show! I too, love the angels... enjoy the rest of the evening. Helen 23

Laura said...

A good tip for using up letters is to use an online anagram solver... simply type all the letters you have left and see what words the computer comes up with.
Happy Wednesday
Laura
65

Dawn said...

Fab desk BJ, love all your projects as always. Huge hugs x x x x

Lea.H said...

love your recycled angels! Lx

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Good for you, so much accomplished. Everything is looking good. Peg R #91

glitterandglue said...

You have certainly been determined to use up those letters, BJ - well done - the pages are great. Cute little angels - I don't think I would ever have thought of using Christmas cards like that...
Margaret #7

Tertia said...

Those angels are beautiful! You have certainly been very busy creating this week.
Happy very belated WOYWW!
Tertia #14

Tertia said...

Those angels are beautiful! You have certainly been very busy creating this week.
Happy very belated WOYWW!
Tertia #14

okienurse said...

Very busy desk this week! Great journal pages and I think the scrapbook pages are awesome too. Love the angels. Sorry I am so late getting around but hey I made it finally! Vickie aka Okienurse #53

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought for sure I had been here, because I remember going to the link you provided for the Christmas card angels. However, for being number 1 this week, I've sure taken a long time to return in order to leave a comment. Blame it on Blogger and life getting in the way.

I have a question for you. Have you seen the series Sherlock? We got the first one here last week, but my local station didn't show it. Instead, it showed the one with Irene Aldler where Sherlock cracked her phone's password. If you get the series, can you tell me how he lived after intentionally jumping off the building to keep Watson and others safe? I'd be really grateful, since you seem to be a mystery lover like me.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention. We got the second one last night, which something about Three. I taped it and hope to watch it in the morning. Why they didn't show the first show of this series is beyond me.