About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 27 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #27

Three more days and counting on "An Attitude of Gratitude". Today we have "Travel" as our theme and to use an art medium rarely used. I used chalks on versamark for the map and ticket on my page.




I made it all brown (Frayed burlap Distress Stain base) to look like an old document. I made an ATC aswell as I tested out the technique first (it was what I had intended on day 25 for the sea but had forgotten the chalks altogether so I guess they count as a medium rarely used.)


The clay paint spiced the brown up a bit along with the black dotty doodling. Still debating my lamp stamp to go with the scripture, but maybe not....

3 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

The page looks great. I'm really impressed that you have done a page a day and are up to date.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi BJ,

This page is great! I like the burlap distress stain. I guess the spiced brown is the orange color - that really pops nicely.

I'm impressed that you've been keeping up with the Daily Gratitude journal - that's a committment!

Hugs,
Kay

Gwen said...

Another awesome page, my friend! Love the antique-y, distressed feel of this and you've really gotten hold of the theme for today! Love it! Off to create mine....after a long day of taking my parents to their dr. appts.