About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 8 July 2013

12 Months - Dandelion

The flower of the month on 12 Months in View is the Dandelion! Not really a flower but usually considered a weed so it wasn't inspiring me much until today's giveaway pages.

First I added a title to my calendar page. I have added some flowers and some words too.

I'm making up the pockets each month and making a tag to go in them from old cotton traders clothes tags. So I have done this month's pocket and covered the back of the tag and will do the front later in the month.

I had done a background using last months block inking technique and the backing paper went nicely on the facing page. The seed head was too high so I cut if off and repositioned it lower down.

The pages are all ready for journaling or doodling if I have a mind.

I have also taken a photo of this month's garden. Gone has the deep red of the Rhododendron and the soft lilac of the Wisteria to be replaced by lush greenness.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Fab pages BJ, I love the bright yellow and lush green, brilliant background for the dandelions, tee hee, my mum used to make the most amazing wine from them. I love the leaf shape of the dandelion, lovely to see it in its glory on your pages and the clocks are iconic!
Huge hugs x

Ali H said...

So glad the dandelions are in your art & not in amongst your flowers !!! great tag pockets ! Ali x