craft club this week we did some distress resist using heat embossing. Just found their link to a tutorial here. Have to say I wasn't completely taken with the technique during class, but there again I'm not a stamper at heart.
I left it a couple of days and had another go at home and it was much better - think my ink pads are a bit more juicy and having all colours to hand made it easier.
Only real problem at home is the lack of appropriate stamps for the technique. Found I didn't have any solid stamps for the top image then remembered the balloon stamp I bought after a stamp class many years ago! And a couple I made during journal challenges.
Here's my quick tutorial.
1) Stamp a background script or other with Versamark or Perfect Medium and emboss on white card with WHITE embossing powder.
2) Over colour in a range of distress inks (using pale colours)
3) Dry the inks (my first mistake as I missed this bit out on my music sample)
4) Over stamp with a more solid stamp again in Versamark or Perfect Medium and emboss with CLEAR powder (as you want to see the colours through image)
5) Ink over the whole design with a darker ink.
As for the Perfect Medium - my pad seems to have disintegrated. It is a mushy mess so not quite so perfect! I got a little pad with a set of Perfect Pearls and the pad was just the same. Whereas my Versamark just goes on and on. Not sure I'd buy a Perfect Medium pad again!
Here's a close up of the number stamp I used. I made it from my Tim Holtz WORDPLAY die and funky foam stuck on some corrugated cardboard. The leaf stamp was from the TH Autumnal strip die stuck on a wooden block. This last sample is all I could do with my own stamps as the other script ones were from class.
- Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm a lapsed crafter of late but still managing my diary Scrapbooking, plus cards as required. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband and son. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, not really got back to the latter since the pandemic. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I am a Christian.