About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 6 October 2013

Juan Sheet - The Third!

Well quite a few sheets actually but still trying to use up all the pieces and the Craft Club topic did get me started on my Christmas cards.

I have made 33 this past week and already had 24 in my box (22 from last year - 2 from other craft club sessions). So 57 in all so far.






Had a awful lot of trouble with the freebie die I got on a magazine the other week. It is rather an intricate swirly Christmas tree and after my first attempts I went out and bought me some Baking Parchment, but that didn't work either.

I tried Quickutz ejection foam but that just marked the mirri card and popped out the whole shape, pointless, so I removed it and coated the die with baby powder. I think the sticky from the foam held some of the powder as it was a lot better this time but not sure I'll bother using it much!



Here are the 2 cards I made a few weeks ago. One with the Distress ink from an acrylic block technique, the other made with Glitter Paste.

4 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi BJ,

Nice Christmas cards! You sure went to a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to best use the free die - it is pretty though.

You have 57 Christmas cards already made? Really? Wow! How many people are on your card list?

Hugs,
kay

kay said...

Great self of cards, you could also wipe the die with a tumble drier sheet that might help x

Unknown said...

Wow, I've not even thought about Christmas cards yet - but I love the tree, pity it is so hard to cut.

Eliza said...

Wow so many cards amazing, congrats.

Eliza