About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 28 March 2014

Q&L #06 - FLOWER

I went with the permitted plural for the Craft Barn's Current Challenge prompt of Flower and/or Travel.

I really love colour (you'd never guess I used to be a Goth where black ruled the day!) so even using white space is a challenge for me.

I drew in the hair shape with a pencil, covered it with Wild Honey distress paint and yay my only yellow distress marker is the same colour so I low lighted it with that and highlighted it with a bright yellow marker and further with a gold gel pen.

So anyway I just added a diecut title and the flowers and a few leaves and left it at that, and am trying to resist anything further.


I used the "All About Eve" song "Flowers in our Hair" which is now playing in my head all the time!

14 comments:

Mrs.D said...

Pretty, hope it lifted your spirits doing that.
Chris

Karen said...

This is lovely!!!!! You were a Goth????? With your beautiful hair???? :-D xxx

Anne said...

Lovely. BJ I cannot imagine you were a goth!!! Anne x

kaybee said...

Stunning! I can see you as a
Goth too!! I wasn't a Goth, but I still have leanings towards Goth inspired art!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Very beautiful hair and I'm impressed with your highlight/lowlight knowledge, haha. The flowers are very pretty & I like the die cut words very much :O) Mo x

Elaine said...

Love the ponytail and the flowers!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This is just so sweet--the flowers really pop out!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic song and also a great page.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I learn something about you every time I visit. I had NO idea you were a goth in a previous lifetime (grin). Your love of color certainly doesn't belie that image. I was impressed by how subtle this page was, and how you allowed the white space to take over some of the page.

I confess I'd never heard that song before, but I like it and how you illustrated it.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely card!

Elizabeth said...

Love the way you have drawn the hair ... and now I will have that song playing in my head too. Elizabeth xx

massofhair said...

My OH used to be a Goth and you would never know either lol.
Beautifully drawn hair, such a glorious spring/summer colour. Love All About Eve after OH playing them to me :-) x

Craftyfield said...

So you were a goth... and you went for a hippy inspired image?
Great fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hair, just love it! Didn't know that song but it fits perfectly :)