About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 7 September 2014

Carshalton Crafts - Demo

Carshalton Crafts hosted a demo session yesterday so I went along. They were showing the versatility of die cuts to create some great cards. I especially loved the geometric shaped background mat and how you can cut into the dies to use them differently.





These are the 2 cards from the demonstration and I just had to get the Marieanne flower die to add to my ever increasing collection.



I made this black and white card when I got home.

Curious thought is that the pieces of waste from each petal on this die look like teeth to me!! Another use already!

They were having a wood backed stamp sale too so I got the script background stamp too.






Oh and for the record, my son liked my red iris folded card I made the other week so requested a black version for his girlfriend. He chose how to add the gems too.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Lots of gorgeousness here BJ! I really don't use my die's enough xxx