About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 30 April 2012

Altered Book - April Showers


What better way to remember all the rain we've had this month. Hoping the umbrellas stand out as the dominant features in this spread as I didn't manage that principle last Altered book Lesson. I do believe I have included the design element of "texture" from the current lesson as I used texture folders on all the umbrellas plus a bit of ink and embossing powder too.
Really enjoyed painting the background over 2 coats of gesso and also used gesso to mix the blue colours and finally I have managed to obliterate the words on the pages. RESULT!

11 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I see a lot of principles here! Texture, motion of the raindrops, harmony, unity, repetition! Probably more, too. I really like the little rainbow hiding in the clouds!

paulaexuk said...

I too see all the principles here, lovely page. I do love the whole effect.

Karen said...

This is a fabulous page BJ!!! I see the elements there too, love the embossed brollies :-D We had snow yesterday in Cornwall as well so needed my umbrella!!!!!! Well done on covering the words in the book...takes some doing doesn't it? xxx

SandeeNC said...

You have a lot of design elements in this one, movement with the rain drops, dominance and textures with the umbrellas, repetition with the clouds, over all balance on the 2 pages, unity with the theme....fantastic page!! waving hi from the beautiful hills of North Carolina :)

Melissa said...

What a fantastic page - I really like the texture elements.

Cass said...

Love this page BJ. So much movement and elements, love the colours - EVERYTHING!

elle said...

You have pretty much covered them all. GREAT job!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I see the same elements as the other gals. I won't go into them, since they all seem to have seen them first. The umbrellas are an awesome way to tie the theme to the page. Just an overall wonderful spread!! And it's been raining here, too. But mine has been thundershowers with lightening.

Sherry said...

Yep, you've got it all going on here BJ, great page demonstrating all the elements x

Julia S-W said...

This has to be my favourite page so far!! I love those brollies and the way all the elements tie in together to give a very dynamic page - clever, clever you! I don't think I would have managed this book course at all - not sure how you fit it all in.
Juliaxx

Dawn said...

This has to be my favourite so far BJ, love the colours you have used and im a huge brolly fan too. x