About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 25 April 2012

WOYWW #151

Hi everyone, can't believe I haven't blogged for a whole week now! Good job there is WOYWW to keep me going. Thanks to everyone who commented on my desk last week, I didn't realise how busy it would get with a lower number - LOL! I was hard pushed to just reply to all the comments let alone have any time to go visit myself! And remember I DO play badminton on a Wednesday too!

So here's my desk this week. I am working on a scrapbook page using the official Diamond Jubilee photographs by John Swannell. I am going to enter the Scrap365 magazine challenge and am using their latest sketch. They have just moved their monthly challenge from their website to a new blog called Sketckbook365. I will post my finished page in a separate post next so they don't get confused - LOL.

I don't have many drawers to store stuff so the little set of 4 (top right)  just sort of jumped into my trolly at Asda last week. My trusty Cuttlebug is away and keeping my Altered Book flat, my laptop is at the ready and I have my favourite drink to hand - hot Ribena - YUM!

27 comments:

Daisy236 said...

Morning.....I love you your little work space! I too enjoy the scrap365 mag. What a great subject you have chosen. Hot Ribena...mmmm. I can smell it from here Lol x

Helen said...

Great desk - hope you get round some desks later! have fun at badminton. my friend Claire is in your neck of the woods too, she plays also. strange if you may know her!

Eliza said...

Badmiton sorry don't know how to play, so I hope you win. Nice desk and great Layout.

Eliza #26

Karen said...

Great, creative desk and I love your LO, it looks gorgeous :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen xx #75

Jackie said...

That looks like a right Royal scrapbook page!!!..i to like scrap 365, sad we only have 2 scrapbooking magazines in the UK.
Jackie 46
http://scrapbangwallop.blogspot.com

Sunshine Girl said...

Nice tidy desk there I love the look of the layout! Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl No. 20

Julia Dunnit said...

Hot ribena. Argh. Like the idea of jumping drawers, but haven't got the same tidy discipline as you! Great idea to use the official photos, great good luck with your entry.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Oh, I just love your crafty space! Wish I could just jump through the screen and open stuff up. (Thrilled at the laws of science right about now, aren't you?)

Happy WOYWW!
Nadia 117

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love hot ribena too! Fab layout too. Enjoy WOYWW, am working through the list in shifts! Take care Zo xx 77

Astrid Maclean said...

It still looks very tidy and organised, with only so few drawers that is no mean feat. LO looks very interesting. Never tried hot Ribena, probably a bit too sweet for me....
Happy WOYWW #34

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like that new 4-drawer container you got there. It looks like nice deep drawers and sometimes you need that. Your little crafting area looks like a nice place to play.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

New storage - always a good idea! Having fun sorting out your stuff :)
Hugs, LLJ #33 xx

Marnie said...

Very nice peak at your desk and your work! Love your new little drawers.

Happy WOYWW
Marnie#153

Redanne said...

Very nice desk and liking those drawers from Asda. Good luck with the challenge, hope to see the finished LO. Happy WOYWW, Anne #61

Hazel said...

You look well organised, including the new Asda drawers. Hope the scrap challenge goes well - (Hazel, #173) x

The Weekend Artist said...

What an organized corner desk! It's my first-time here will pop back for some more =)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I get a big grin out of the way you keep your book flat. You are SO lucky to own that die cutting machine! And I'm in LOVE with the layout you made for the Diamond Jubilee. I cannot believe the Queen is that old and has ruled (been Queen) that long. But, I was named after her, so I'm starting to show my age, too. Sorry I'm so late visiting.

BTW, I read what you wrote at Julia's about the new blogger interface. There is a way to return to the original blogger interface. On your dashboard, look in the upper right side next to the word "English." To me, it looks like a gear. It is Blogger options. Click and get the drop down menu. Next to the last option is "Old Blogger interface." Click and it will return you to the old interface you used in the past.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

First thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment about my 3 wheel stool!! It is a bit scary at first!
LOVE you tidy work area!! have to ask what the LARGE ovel in the upper left is, looks like a port hole or light...?
Good Luck with the magazine challenge too!!!

Clare with paint in her hair said...

what a cool idea to do a page with the official photo!

okienurse said...

Great looking desk. I think that your organizing is working well and outside of a few more drawers I don't see anything lacking. Have a great week. Vickie #41

SusanLotus said...

Cozy craftspace. I can see you are making a nice LO! :)

Have a great week!
Susan. nr 92 WOYWW

Sandy said...

Oh GL with the entry Your space looks great Ive never heard of the scrap365 mag I will have to take a peek. Thanks for sharing :)

Spyder said...

How did you take that picture!?! you must have been swinging from the light bulb! I must try that because it looks fabulous! Love all those draws, which would not normanly be be seen! Thanks for my snoop! Have a great crafty week. HaPpY LAtE WoYwW!
((Lyn)) feeling very old at #102!

Joynana said...

You have a great workspace and everything within easy reach. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am soo late. But, I still have lots of time until the next WOYWW. #121

Tertia said...

Lots of interesting things happening on your desk. I am also struggling to get to everybody these days. Life tends to get in the way.
Happy WOYWW

Bridget Larsen said...

Good old cuttlebug keeping everything flat
Bridget #1

Angela said...

Love your craft space, so organised and neat! Beautiful work, thank u for sharing and indeed for checking out my gate fold card! Belated WOYWW greetings xx Angela #161