About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 14 April 2012

Stampman Challenge - Vellum

Oh My! Vellum. Back in 2005 when I found QVC on Freeview, there was alot of talk about this stuff called Vellum! I had no idea what it was so ordered a few sheets to find out.

Must admit it isn't my favourite paper to work with as being translucent it has the eternal "how to stick it down" challenge all of its own.

In this card I have tried to show some different uses and fixing techniques. It diecuts (top butterfly), it punches (boarder), it tears and rolls (mat). Attach it with eyelets (or brads) or sneak some glue (pinflair) under the parts which don't show.

Best put it back in the cupboard now............

6 comments:

SandeeNC said...

LOL..get it back out of the cupboard cause you created a beautiful card with it!! As a matter of fact I just used vellum on my card too, but I used V2 spray which is great, actually I happen to love vellum and use it frequently! So if I am ever over at your place, I'm gonna snitch it out of your cupboard!! lol waving hi from the sunny hills of North Carolina :)

Julia S-W said...

BJ it's beautiful! Soft, feminine and so many techniques - how clever are you! I do love butterflies I've decided and this one is fab. . . . . . .
Juliaxx

Ann B said...

It's a lovely pretty card BJ so please don't put the vellum back in the cupboard. It looks lovely coloured from the back as well. Stamp a butterfly and get out some markers - either the alcohol ones (Pro-markers) of waterbased (Marvy) then colour the back. You get a soft pastel effect and it hides the glue as well. You could also stamp with Versamark and emboss in white before colouring the back for an even softer, prettier effect.

Thanks for looking at my AB page. I gessoed the page first, spritzed with water once it was dry and swiped a Distress Ink pad over it - broken china I think, then spritzed again to spread the ink.

M said...

Hi BJ, in response to your question about how I found you.. sometimes I browse through challenge entry pages for new inspiration, and find new people that I choose to follow from there. I can't remember which challenge it was that I saw one of your entries, but it was definitely through browsing! M x

Angela Weimer said...

A beautiful card and great use of the vellum. Simply lovely. Thanks for joining in The Stamp Man challenge and have a wonderful day. Angela

Kim x said...

Lovely card BJ don't leave the vellum lurking in the cupboard for too long.
Thank you for entering my Vellum challenge over at The Stamp Man.
hugs Kimx