About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 8 April 2012

Hallelujah - He has Risen

Happy Easter Everyone.

I made a few ATC's this Easter and decided to put them in my Art Journal. Firstly I have always had trouble spelling Hallelujah so thought some crafting might help. Then I googled it and found there are quite a few different spellings - no wonder I was confused. The other two pictures I had left over from my Altered book spread and Easter cards. The barbed wire frame was inspired by Julia's "Wheels" card, and as I made this on Good Friday, it seemed quite fitting as I remembered Christ's Crown of Thorns. The broken glass stamp showed how Christ was broken for us, the words "Special Love" speak of His sacrifice for us and the footsteps for how He walks beside us now. The crosses speak for themselves and I hope the empty tomb does too.
Hallelujah - Praise the Risen LORD!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Very thoughtful & inspiring page x

SandeeNC said...

Beautiful job, and I love the barbed wire frame! You always do such a good job! I just stopped by to wish all a very Happy Easter, may you be blessed, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Karen said...

Hi my lovely. Yes, I do work for Tando, sorry if you were confused. Mind you, I think I have a chocolate brain today hahahaha XXX