About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 19 April 2014

Q&L #07 - Truth

God certainly works in mysterious ways. Long before I became a Christian I was well into astrology and one book I had quoted some scriptures, strangely. I say strangely as astrology and Christianity don't mix and I have since disposed of all such books. However the quote still remains with me to this day. I can't find a Bible translation with the exact words I recall but the sentiment endures.

John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (NIV)


Radio Times came up trumps for me again as I sourced the picture from their radio section for Good Friday. I used the picture's colours, some paint, crackle stamping plus gold lettering and edging. Simple but it depicts the season of Easter just right for me. Jesus died for our sins. I guess the facing page in my journal is now set to be the JOY of the risen King for Easter Sunday. Hallelujah!

Oh I nearly forgot, the prompt for this page was The Craft Barn's current Q&L words of "Change or Truth".

9 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Absolutely beautiful! Happy Easter!

Sylvia said...

A beautiful page.

Sylv xx

kaybee said...

Love the vibrant colours, making a stunning page.

TwinkleToes2day said...

How thoughtful. Such a lovely page. Good ol' Radio Times - more than just TV fodder, hehe :o))

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, BJ, I learn something new about you all the time. I sure like what you did with this page. The colors are so brilliant and dynamic. And the quote is one I really like. Happy Easter.

massofhair said...

Fabulous page:-) x

Claire said...

Happy Easter, BJ! I've just drawn this week's Giveaway - and you won the journal :) Can you send your address through the Contact Form on my blog, and I'll get it in the post this week? Have a wonderful day xx

maggie said...

A beautiful and well thought out page.

Maggie

Craftyfield said...

Love the colours and this is such an appropriate page for Easter!