About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Thursday 16 July 2015

Grow Wild Seedlings

After 2 months it would seem that my seeds are finally doing something!

Here's my initial post back on 13th May 2015 when I scattered the seeds.

By 22nd May the first signs of life had appeared, although you may need a magnifying glass!




The sunflowers, courtesy of the birdseed falling in the Easter Island pot, are gaining strength.

My seedlings were a little better by 3rd June, but the sunflowers are way ahead now.







By 24th June the sunflower was getting so tall I rearranged the order of my pots to give it room and readdress the balance.









Which brings us to today and seedlings a plenty! There are even a few flower heads, however I do think my flowers are a bit stunted, we'll see.

The sunflowers go from strength to strength and will be in bloom soon.


3 comments:

Sue said...

Your plants are doing well. What a bargain to get the sunflower free thanks to the birds:)

Love your hanging baskets.

Hope you have had a lovely day and tomorrow is even better. Sue

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh, I do love a sunflower! x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Well done on the plants, it's a pleasure to see them grow :)