About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Thursday 17 May 2012

Altered Book - Colour Wheel

Lesson 8 on Elizabeth's Altered Book Course asked us to create a colour wheel from old magazines and definitely NOT scrapbook papers - LOL. I had already made the latter, and some may have spotted it on a former WOYWW post (Elizabeth certainly did). Have to laugh now as I can see I did my original one back to front!! Anyway here's my interpretation with the magazine pieces I had handy. I used my typewriter to make labels for the segments and further neutral magazine pictures as backing with a bit of glitter dotted here and there.

Thanks for all the suggestions with respect to my Maypole pages. I have since picked out some of the patchwork with faux stitching. I framed the postage stamps with dots of glitter and framed the other pictures with glossy accents. I have also darkened the Mulberry paper pole as it didn't stand out well enough. Think that page might be finished now - LOL. Thanks again.

10 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I do think your may Pole lay out looks better with the faux stitching, I really like how that turned out! Loving your color wheel, you did a fantastic job, mine will posted tomorrow! lol Looks nothing like a color "wheel", but then it's a mermaid book after all! ;) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Karen said...

ooo I am loving your colourwheel...it looks very neat!!! I have dipped out for a couple of lessons as I looked at my pages & theme and had an oooops moment hahaha! My punishment for having such a theme I reckon hahaha xxx

Sherry said...

Great colourwheel BJ - I'd better start gathering some mags and think about doing mine now!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Beautiful job on the color wheel, and I like the changes you made to your May Pole page!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm now laughing and hiding at the same time. I feel embarrassed because I didn't even SEE the May Pole the first time when I suggested adding one to the center of the spread. This is a fantastic make-over. Now I suspect I need new glasses!

I am really impressed with the color wheel, which of course is not just beautifully done, but also documented nicely with that old typewriter print.

I can't wait to see what else you have completed for this lesson.

Dawn said...

Fab colour wheel honey, now I just need to find some time to make mine before mr linky closes lol! The maypole updates are superb too my lovely, really brings the page to life. Hugs x x

elle said...

The colour wheel is well done. The changes to the maypole page really do enhance it.

Katie said...

How pretty! I love your colorwheel! It's gorgeous!

Terrie said...

You had some good luck finding excellent pictures for the colors of your wheel. And it looks like you didn't have any trouble with cutting perfect wedges - it looks fabulous!

paulaexuk said...

Fabulously vivid colour wheel, almost good enough to eat (well part of it anyway).