About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 7 July 2012

TH #7 - July Tag

OK it only just a week since Tim published his July tag but it has felt like an eternity trying to find the time to have a go. I made quite a few attempts at doing the alcohol ink splats and just had to settle for one as I think I'd have been there all day otherwise. I don't think the air thingy I have is strong enough - any suggestions of which one to get? I used my Tower Bridge stamp and together with the colours it reminded me of the Jubilee Pageant down the Thames, so I just had to add "60" as my number. I made my word banner with metal tape on card and my typewriter again and I added a couple of Tim's mini screw brads in the top corners. The ribbon is one I received with a WOYWW ATC swap a few weeks back. Sorry I can't remember from who now, but it went really well with this theme - Thanks.

8 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Love your take on this tag BJ, especially the image of Tower Bridge. Glad you avoided adding the rain on it! You can get a small metal directional tool for blowing through from art supplies shops (got to get one rather than borrowing my dad's!!) Hope this helps. Thanks for your lovely comment, hugs Buttons x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous take on Tim's July Tag, loVe the British theme & the Jubilee accent, well done on those colour splodges too, he set us a real challenge this month...Mel :)

Cass said...

Love the tag. I used the Fellowes air duster, but found that if you held the canister level with the paper then pressed the button you got a better splat, and do it in short bursts.

Cassidy

Elaine said...

This is great - love the Tower Bridge image and the pageant idea. It's a great challenge this month as we can use red, white and blue for British celebrations too!

Redanne said...

I probably say this every month but I think this month's tag is quite hard! Your splodges look great, especially behind Tower Bridge - great idea of yours to use the pageant for inspiration. Love the way you do your labels on the typewriter too. I haven't even found a straw yet to do mine, might have to venture into a MacDonalds........now there's a thought! Anne x

Anonymous said...

I like the way you adapted the theme to your own country's celebrations. It's so fitting and a perfect way to commemorate it with a Tim Tag!

Sunshine Girl said...

Great tag - lots of us are doing an English theme this month arent we! great that they are all different though. Thanks for sharing.

SandeeNC said...

Holy cow batman, I missed this! Bad me, bad me!! It's gorgeous, you did a splendid job as usual, always love peeking in to see what you've been up to! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)