Part of my haul of stash yesterday from The Craft Barn was my first handful of Distress Paints - Yippee. Shame the Metallics haven't made it over the pond yet though, but Neil (one of the demonstrators there) suggested I try the stains instead, which I did along with some Perfect Pearls too.
Not sure I selected the right colours of paint nor have got the hang of it really but I muddled through adding layers to my tag. Went to use the Wild Honey for another tag and low and behold the top hadn't been on properly and loads of the runny paint came flooding out! I mopped it up using a sponge (wanted to save as much as I could) so used this with my new honeycomb stencil over my base tag.
Of course, especially as I don't have a dragonfly stamp and as I had made a honeycomb background, I thought a couple of bees would be just the ticket. Couldn't get my Archival ink to dry on my acetate packaging so had to re-stamp with Staz-On, now that worked a treat. Oh I do love the cutting out of the wings in acetate and shaping them and even the staple to fix them to the tag.
I used my new Kaisercraft ribbon and crackle stamps. Been after the latter for some time and it is cool. I added various metal pieces all with some Distress Paint applied, love how this keeps its colour and drys on metal too. Yep - despite the "adventure" I had with my first outing with Distress paints the tag has turned out OK.
- Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm a lapsed crafter of late but still managing my diary Scrapbooking, plus cards as required. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband and son. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, not really got back to the latter since the pandemic. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I am a Christian.