About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 22 April 2013

ABAC - Twinchies

For a SWAP next month we were tasked to make TWINCHIES.

Oh something I had never done before so I set to....








I used some backing card I had previously made using the shaving foam technique with Dylusions. As it looked like water I just had to go with the water theme.













The fish die is from the Quickutz Refresh set. The branch from Tim Holtz's Autumnal strip die for the coral. I added some sticky ribbon and liquid pearls for the eye. 

So here are my little fishes, just right for the April Showers Challenge over at Anything But a Card.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Love it BJ the colours are gorgeous. Anne x

Karen said...

ooo these are pretty BJ x

Anonymous said...

OK so once I had googled Twinchies I knew what you were up to ;) What fab little squares, going to add them to my "to have a go at" list - maybe we could do a swap with them sometime on UKPC?
Karen xxx

Mrs Beez said...

These are such fun and I just adore that fish. Thanks for joining us at ABAC this time. Lisette x

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous twinchies! I love the background technique, it looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card.
Jennie

Dawn said...

These are beautiful BJ, I love the colours and fishy theme.
Huge hugs x

Julia S-W said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting your entry for April Showers at Anything But A Card BJ.
Love these little twinchies with those fab fish!
Thanks for joining us again!
juliax