About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 7 June 2013

12 Months In View - Wild Rose

I got quite excited when I saw this month's giveaway on 12 Months as they were just my colours, Cranberry and Apple, hmmm YUM! I printed off one background and the pocket page.

I made up the pocket decorating it with the Wild Rose Flower from the same page and also the filigree wording. I pasted the tag piece on the back of my Coronation tag, added the rose wording and a postage stamp of Our Queen as she is now for the 60th anniversary since her coronation.

Then I cut up the backing paper to fit my page. I used the cut off top and bottom to make up the wider sides and the little left over pieces in the corners. Then I added various pieces of leftover card from my stencil bumping last week having made twinches out of the main pieces.

Then, as I had a tray of newly cut white card of all my new dies I just laid them on and they looked fine against the darker background so I went ahead and stuck them down. Having a bit of a bird fest at present. Got the tiny birds after craft club last week. I wanted a fence die, as we are having our fence re-done next week, and it came with the medium bird and the birdhouse. And I have been after a dove for a while, so that just popped into my basket too. Oops.

The page isn't anything I planned at all but I am quite pleased with it all the same.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, love the tag and pocket and the colour combination is lovely. That stamp is just perfect and I like the connection between the queen and the English rose - she is reputed to have a beautiful complexion. Your page is great too - the tiny bird is so cute. Elizabeth xx