About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 29 June 2013

Scavenger Hunt - More Photos

Been on the look out for some more photos for the 2013 Scavenger Hunt and now have 3 more ticked off.











Firstly, Last week I took a couple of photos of our #18 Local Coffee Shop in the Village. It is held in the Church Institute building next to the church green.

Today, as I was lying in the garden I spotted CLOUDS so ran for my camera and waited and waited. I saw a heart and a dolphin and a bikini but by far the best (and the only one I got a picture of) was this #12 Scotty Dog Cloud. I asked my son if he could see anything in the picture and he spotted it too, so I hope that is tested enough and you can see it as well. My husband has just seen it and thought it was Snowy from Tin Tin - he was quite amazed at the likeness.













Then I thought I'd pop along to our local Lavender Fields as they have an #01 Open Air Market Stall there. Gosh they have come a long way since the little table and umbrella stall they had a few years back. Just had to buy one of their lavender coloured jute bags as I LOVE lavender and purple and the like.

Oh and finally, not for the scavenger hunt but for the 12 months in view challenge a chance sighting of a hedge of white Dog Roses or Wild Roses at the Lavender Fields. Had to snap them too.

13 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

BJ,
This is a great collection. I saw a scotty dog right away! The lavender fields remind me of when my husband and I visited the Cotswolds a couple of years ago.
Don't forget to add this blog post to the linky on my blog today, so others will stop by and to enter a random draw for a summery prize.
Rinda

Miriam said...

Oh yes I see the scotty dog, it is so clear, well done. The rest of your finds are great. We have a lavender field near us, I love it so but I don't think it is open yet...you have reminded me to go and look. Thanks
Visiting from Rinda's link

boysmum2 said...

The dog is so cute, well done on a great find. Thanks for sharing these with us

Sian said...

The scottie dog cloud is genius! Definitely the best shape I have seen yet

Unknown said...

I definitely see Snowy from Tintin! And I love your sun-catcher stained glass pieces.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh yes! It's definitely Snowy :o) I saw that right away, before reading the accompanying text. The best cloud shape I've seen so far. What a pretty place to have a coffee.
Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday x

debs14 said...

Best cloud I have seen so far! Brilliant.
You've got some great pictures.

Karen said...

Great finds. I watched the clouds all day and never saw anything that resembled anything. Your scotty dog is the best I've seen!

Nicky Stevenson said...

Brilliant cloud piccy - no doubts of it being a scotty dog. What a lovely place that lavender market looks too, bet it smells divine.

Missus Wookie said...

Definitely snowy - Tin Tin is a favourite around here :) Do love lavender too!

Textile Recycler said...

Love that Scotty & the open market photos.. nice job!

JulieJ said...

Love your dog in the clouds

~*~Patty S said...

swooning over your Lavender fields = oooo so lovely!

your scotty dog cloud is just perfect too!
oxo