About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 11 November 2013

TH #11 - November Tag

I wasn't totally taken by this month's Tim Holtz Tag technique but I try each tutorial regardless, well you never know do you.  Slightly lacking in the specific stash but had a bash anyways.

I cut myself a tag from black card - jolly glad I bought the tag die!

I used a plan stamp and a leaf stamp trying to copy the blueprint stamp used in the tutorial.

I think the best bit was the misting of the Pumice Stone ink after applying it to the white card for the label. Not something I tend to do but it left a lovely speckled texture.

I added some fluffy fibres for more texture.




9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually stopped by as promised to let know, the post in which I used your lovely November poppy calendar and the link you shared has now gone live on my blog. Again, thanks for allowing me the opportunity to use your photo.

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2013/11/t-stands-for-vets.html

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now I'm back after reading about your Timmy tag. You did a marvelous job with the products you have. I take it, you also added a hole reenforcer around the hole, too.

I like the looks of the blueprint concept, too. You have more stamps than I can shake a stick at (grin), even if you didn't have the one he used. It shows ingenuity when you don't copy something exactly.

Unknown said...

Love the look of this tag. So pretty.

froebelsternchen said...

gorgeous!
xxx
Susi
from
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

kay said...

Fab tag BJ, afraid I only did the one and gave up!

Dawn said...

Lovely tag BJ, the blues are so calming. Sounds like an interesting technique, hmm off to have a nose on Tim's blog tee hee.
Huge hugs x x x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw your comment and wanted to explain T. It used to be hosted by another lady and it was called "Tea Tuesday." One day, without warning, she just quit posting and didn't even let anyone know. When asked, she said she was tired of hosting and thought it was a "silly" idea. A few of us continued to post Tea Tuesday posts, though, because we enjoyed it and it broke up the week with something besides art. Sort of like deskers on Wednesday.

One day I got tired of not having a host for Tea Tuesday and a few of us talked offline and I asked them if I changed the name, would they want to continue. They were ALL enthusiastic about it. So I changed the name a bit, added a linky tool, and came up with new "rules."

For some people on the other side of the date line, it is now Tuesday, but today, because it was SO special, I posted early. You will see I normally post at 4:00pm US Central time, which would be 10:00pm your time, but 8:00am in Australia. It makes it nice for those bloggers who want to create a T post, to do so. I hope that helps with your problem with T on Tuesday.

Unknown said...

Love your tage, it looks absolutely stunning! Hugs Frea

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful take on Tim's tag.