About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 30 August 2014

Craft Club - Hot Hot Hot

The current challenge at Ashtead Craft Club in Hot Hot Hot. Well it was hot when it was set in July!

Anyway there were 3 types of hot things to do this month to help with the challenge. Friendly Plastic, Shrink Plastic and Melt Pot. I opted for the latter as I don't actually have one of my own and had only tried it once at club before.







We were dipping shapes in clear UTEE,and I got in a right pickle! With intricate shapes the spaces get filled with the UTEE so to alleviate this you need to further heat with a heat tool hoping it would drip off.

Lets just say I managed a few pieces and further tried to refine them at home with my heat tool. My pieces are OK and I have made up various projects with them but I am not running out to buy a Melt Pot.

So what did I do? 9 butterflies, 3 flowers and 3 leaves. I made up 3 cards, my A4 challenge piece called "Butterfly Fest", and I also added a few of the items to the cover of my Challenge Folder.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, I thought you did good for the delicate nature of the butterflies. I own two melt pots. One was supposed to be for wax and one for UTEE. However, I learned the wax was better made in my small dedicated crock pot, and the UTEE was best at making 3-D items. Needless to say, I've not used either of them much after paying SO much for them from a friend.