About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an avid crafter; Scrapbooking, Cards, ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband and son. For exercise I play badminton and I have been Geocaching since 2009 and now and again Pokémon Go. Recently I got back to Ballroom and Latin Dancing too. I run a UK based on-line papercraft group.

Monday, 11 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #09 - Interests

I is for Interests

Bit rushed again and didn't quite get my page done before midnight, but before I went to bed, so that sort of counts doesn't it?

The technique was to use metal today so I made my backing solely of metal, both my Aluminium Loft Insulation Tape and my Copper Anti-slug tape (I kid you not!)

As I didn't wish to emboss my tag directly nor add extra card, I just embossed the tape with its backing on and then peeled the backing off and attached the strips to the tag. Some parts of the pattern tore in a couple of places but I managed to mend it while sticking it down. I ran my metal tools over the seams and the edges.

I aged the aluminium with black paint dabber and polished off. I stuck the letters and the scripture strips on with Pinflair and hope it will stick. I have my acrylic blocks and Cuttlebug on top of it - perhaps I'll leave it over night.

2 comments:

Pamela Haun said...

I love your page. How did you do the embossing? I've never done it before but I so want to try it after seeing this beautiful page.

Bernice Hopper said...

This is fantastic. Love it.