About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 27 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #26 - Zeal

Z is for Zeal.

It finally came, the last day of our A to Z Challenge. Thank you Benice for all prompts and videos and showing us your pages too. It has been wonderful. We get to sum up tomorrow and show our covers too, looking forward to that.

Today we were tasked to do some "drippage" which fortunately I had tried out on the "R" tag page previously. Today's page was somewhat more tricky as it was the inside of the back cover! So I cling-filmed and taped up the rest of the album and got to work.

My first attempt with the turquoise was more of a splodge than drippage. So I tried some more colours and ended up with a rainbow effect. As the scripture was about singing to the Lord, I added some music score stamping and some diecut notes.

My letters were all from stock and I chose different textures for each; fabric, acetate, cork and sprayed card. I sat them on little clouds of dots. Amazing how white dots add to a page (I added some to my "X" page too and it looks better now).

No comments: