About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #19 - Self Image

S is for Self Image

Horrah the technique I have been waiting for. I did the cut-outs a while ago, great to see how to use them as masks rather than just to stick them down. I had patterned paper to work with, so sprayed black Dylusions around instead. So I guess opposite silhouettes in the end.









I took photos of the magazine pictures from both sides so you can see the images I used. I have since found another one of a wedding dress not unlike the ballgown one. Best to look out for them before you need them if you ask me.

Happened to have a flap page to work with so used 2 of the images I had prepared. The one in view is of a lady in a dressing gown, your normal, stay at home mum type.The one hidden under the flap is in a ball gown and I put stars around her and made it all more shiny, just the way I'd like to be!!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the way you put the glamourous silhouette under the flap, sort of 'the you inside'. The patterned paper in a black background works really well, too.

Elizabeth said...

I think many would identify with you, BJ. And with your desire to dress up in something glamorous for a change. Nice page - I like the technique used to create the reverse-silhouettes. By my reckoning you've only got seven more pages to go before your album is complete :) Elizabeth xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Awesome!! I like that technique and agree with Tracy about the inside "you!"