About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Scrapbook Journaling

I had the good fortune of tuning in to Sunday Scrappers on Create and Craft last Sunday and saw their guest Melanie Heaton.

Melanie gave great hints and tips for scrapping and highlighted the journaling aspect which is something I usually leave 'till last and often just write round the photographs. She said to journal FIRST, and to try to handwrite something about the time and the feeling surrounding the photos.

I rarely matt my photos either and she showed various ways to matt photos and emphasised what colours were best to use. Dark to recede, light to bring forward and skin tones to draw the eye to faces in photos.

She talked about the design triangle where you place three embellishments round the page to draw the eye round the page.

Anyway, thought I'd try my best to incorporate her principles into my next page. I made the journaling tag, nearly first, as I had previously cropped my photos. I double matted my photographs, and there are a few sets of threes too. My final page uses handmade papers which might well have come from India.

Anyway Melanie said she'd add her sample pages and tips to her blog sometime this week, so I'll be watching out.

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Hi BJ, I can certainly see Mel's influence in your page, the photos look great with mats and so does the journal tag, I think you have done a superb job. Crafty hugs, Anne x