About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 18 March 2013

Alpha Challenge #06 - Palm Sunday

The letter of the fortnight over at The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge is "P". At first my mind went a complete blank in the "Special Day" department which is my theme for this challenge. Then I realised they set the challenge on St Patrick's Day!

There was no Patrick in  my dictionary but there was the Jewish festival of Passover but then next Sunday just happens to be the Christian Palm Sunday when Jesus made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem.

So Palm Sunday it was. I had another go at the multiple stencil technique as in my last post but this time I didn't use any newspaper nor the gesso. I guess one of those (probably the latter) served to mute the colours a lot as this page ended up quite vibrant. I also did a similar page for an Art Journal Round Robin I am doing at the same time (shhhh don't tell Dawn!)

So there we are - Palm Sunday.

23 comments:

Anne Payne said...

BJ, I love this! It turned out great :)

Bernice Hopper said...

Fabulous

Dawn said...

Ha ha ha ha, roll on April!!!!! This page is gorgeous BJ, your background sings its socks off, superb job sweetie.
Huge hugs x

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn - this is a fabulous page and I love how you have decorated around the dictionary piece :0) Mo

Karen said...

Wow, this is lovely and vibrant BJ and I just love your 3D trees! x

Elaine said...

Love this - the background is so full of colour and your palm tree is great!!

chrissie said...

Terrific page and a great choice of word for this time of year

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

BJ this is fab!! Well done on coming up with your special P day!!

JansArtyJunk said...

Fantastic vibrant page BJ...loving the palm tree! x

LindaS said...

Genius idea for the P_day. *Wonderful colors and design. Completes my mood. Thanks

Scrapmate said...

Fabulous colours and a great leafy palm tree. I look forward to seeing what festival you've come up with every fortnight.

Vicky said...

Love those palm leaves and colours.....there was me thinking you would go for Pancake Day but that must just be my own preoccupation with food!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Gorgeous, great colors.

Bonnie Irvine said...

Mmm, yummy bright colours. Your palm tree is amazing...great texture and highlighting of the leaves. I love that you are following a theme for your altered dictionary. Very cool idea.

House of Bears said...

Hello there, we look forward to seeing which occasion you choose each fortnight. This is a great choice and a really lovely interpretation.

Joan said...

Lovely page, great colours

Julia S-W said...

Just love the gorgeous bright colours BJ and my favourite has to be those 3D trees! Your background is wonderfully layered.
Hope you are well?
Juliaxx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely page - great idea and I love the palm tree leaves.

Maisie Moonshine said...

Gorgeous background BJ - love your pages.

Maggie said...

Gorgeous Palm Sunday page great background and colours and the Palm tree is fab

MaggieH

Laura said...

Love this, you must be so pleased. I love that it is so vibrant and colourful :)

Sylvia said...

Love this vibrant Palm Sunday page, love the background and your palm tree.

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful vibrant page!
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy