About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Alpha Challenge #07 - Remembrance

The letter of the fortnight over at the Craft Barn for their Alpha  Challenge is "R".

I had to search through the year's special days to find an appropriate one and finally in November, there was Remembrance Sunday. It is kind of relevant to today being Easter Sunday as we remember that Christ rose from the dead, thereby conquering death and enabling us to have eternal life in Him.

My page is a remake of the salt technique and stencilling I did in a journal challenge as I just like this combination so much. Works really well for sympathy cards too.

22 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, I thought I was quick - nearly finished mine!! - but here you are already! This is a perfect special day Remembrance. love your page, too.

Nan G said...

Beautiful page.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful, I love the brilliant turquoise colored background, great composition with the dark flowers.

Karen said...

WOW BJ, you were quick :D Lovely idea and a lovely page!!! xxx

Maggie said...

Gorgeous background colour for your pages sets off the silhouette popies very well nice to see a different colour other than red

MaggieH

Pat said...

Your salt and stencillling is certainly very effective.

Elaine said...

Beautiful background and I love red and turquoise together - so vibrant and full of life!

JansArtyJunk said...

Wonderful page BJ.. loving your poppies against your salt technique background :)

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page, the colours are beautiful.
Yvonne

Joan said...

LOvely page, beautiful background

chrissie said...

Lovely page and a very special word

Love Chrissie xx

Scrapmate said...

I love poppies and yours are gorgeous! Fab BG too must try that salt technique.

Annie said...

Such a beautiful page you've created for remembrance!

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous page, great word to choose!
Val x

Sylvia said...

Fabulous page,love the dark poppies against the vibrant blue background.

Sylv xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful and stylish page! Valerie

Anonymous said...

beautiful page and i love the contrasting colors

Maisie Moonshine said...

Such an elegant layout. Love your background and the colours work really well together. MMx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous pages sweetie, love the stencil. Lol how on earth did I miss this one on your blog!!
Huge hugs x

LindaS said...

WOW love the flowers on the blue background.

Sandy said...

Very clever and beautifully done!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. beautiful colours too.
Thanks for playing with us.
Izzy