About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 19 March 2013

TH #03 - March Tag

No never again! Tinsel glitter gets everywhere! I got a pot of pink tinsel glitter in a prize and have been meaning to cover a Timmy bunny with it for this month's Timmy Tag and today I did it and YES it got everywhere!

I'm NOT a messy crafter. I HAVE to clean up as I go but I suspect I'll be finding bits of this glitter for weeks. Give me Stickles any day! Bunny then had a liberal dose of extra firm hairspray hopefully this will save any shedding!

Anyway (after the clean up operation!) I got on with the rest of the tag. I was rather taken by Ranger's colour palette this month so I have combined the two, just in the mood for a pretty pastel tag.

The backing tag is cut from the packing card of an embossing folder - glad I saved that one. I cut my banner with deckle edge scissiors. The tree was an after thought (a diecut form a friend sitting on my desk just asking to be used!) and I had to jiggle around to get it under the frame!

I had an accident with one of my flower petals as I was rather enthusiastic moulding it and one tore off. I stuck it back on and used my favourite product of the moment LIQUID PEARLS to hide the tear! Oh and I had a change of heart for the wording so Happy Easter became Easter Bunny.

Phew two challenges in one.

2 comments:

Alison Scott said...

Glitter gets everywhere doesn't it even if you don't spill it!.
When I use glitter it's like a 70's disco for days (not that I remember them!)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag - great spring feeling here.